Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked, and they have change email address and passwess my account or emails ord, cannot ac

• Hi virgin sent me a mail to say your email address has been changed, but I didn't do it and now cannot access my emails or my virgin account, tryed all day to talk to someone at virgin but no joy, have sent query to but they haven't answered, the hackers already accessed ebay through my email, I have changed password on there and face book too, I'm at a lost on whT to do, feels like virgin has abannon me, the email address is a ntlworld. Com so not sure virgin are interested, even though, I have paperless bills so I can't see how much to pay and cannot sign in so no help either
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked, and they have change email address and passwess my account or emails ord, canno...

Hi Hunter101010,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to our community, I am sorry to hear that you feel like we have abandoned you as you haven't been able to speak to us in regards to your email being hacked.

I can assure you we haven't,  I will be more than happy to look into this for you, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you, I will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked, and they have change email address and passwess my account or emails ord, cannot ac

You should follow all the advice in the helpfile here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

Ntlworld is still supported by virgin (I have one myself) - but only if you have an active broadband service.  AND if the address is linked to that billing account.  Come back if you need help in checking on anything.  We'd like to help.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked, and they have change email address and passwess my account or emails ord, canno...

Paul,

I have precisely the same problem and it has been going on for the past few months.  No matter what details I enter, no matter how accurate I know them to be I cannot sign in to my account.  Being unable to sign in I cannot get in touch with any of your customer service team using 150 on my Virgin land line.  Can I too have a private chat with you or one of your colleages?

WN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello WN

Sorry to hear of the email issue, we can understand the frustration and concern this can cause. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention via the forums and welcome to the community.

Have you been able to follow the information in the link provided by @MissPacko in her previous response? 

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, of course I have tried checking the account with the help pages etc, but got nowhere: I simply cannot sign into my account to check phone bills or receive and send emails.  My ebay account was broken into via the compromised/hijacked email address with the result that I was struck off ebay, although the misuse of my account was done by the fraudster who had broken into my account.   As I have no success by phoning 150 on my virgin landline could someone from headoffice either get in touch with me let me have the postal address?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI WN, we will send you a private message: 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I hope you will not try to send the message to my hacked email address as I cannot get into my broadband or email account
WN
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI WN, this should now appear in your inbox. - Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but I am still waiting for the private message offered by Paul.
WN
0 Kudos