Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked and forgot security question

Around 2017 my virgin media email was hacked. I left it alone however I need access to it now to remove any connection to my social media but although I know my email and a previous password to all my accounts (as well as personal information of course), I have forgotten my security question answer (as I kid I might have put something in wrong or it is not working/the hacker changed it) and I can't change it with contact to my 'parent' account as my dad has passed away and all his information was deleted.

Can someone help please?

It would mean a lot, thanks.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked and forgot security question

Hello LoneShoemaker

Thanks for taking the time to post on the forums in regards to your old email account and problems getting access. We're happy to help with this and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, can you confirm if you still have active Virgin Media services? If you're no longer a customer the email address may have been deleted, this is a standard process for all email addresses for cancelled accounts90 days after the cancellation date but sometimes emails are missed.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My house does still use virgin media services and the name of payment was transferred to my mother. My email address was a child account of my dad but I forgot his email address and I know his password so I can't check to see if his was deleted or if I can use it to change my security question.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I think we will need to double check things a little further for you on this however unless you are the account holder we would not be able to reset the password at this end for you. 

I can see if the email address was moved to the account in your mum's name, if so then she can call us to get the password re-set to allow you to access the account again. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,

I haven't recieved a private message from you yet so I have sent you one. Could you resend your message?

Also can you tell me if there is a specific phone number (or/and set of steps to get a hold of the right department) that I can call to resolve the issue? 

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind I got the message, thanks again.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi LoneShoemaker, 

Thanks for your post. I'm not sure what happened but looks like the message was delayed slightly and sent just after the one you sent me 🙂 

I have just replied to your latest message now with details on what to do 🙂

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi LoneShoemaker, 

Thanks for the private message 🙂 

As we are not discussing anything private to the account we can continue on the thread 🙂 In order to delete the email account just follow these steps: 

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Select My Profile at the top of the page
  • Select the Manage accounts tab – from here you can manage any additional email addresses attached to your account
  • Select the option to delete the email address and confirm it

Let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

My email address is still a secondary account and as I don't know my dad's/mum's account email I can't access the manage accounts section.

Could my email be scheduled for deletion or do I need to now find a way into the main account holder's email?

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apologies LoneShoemaker, 

I forgot to mention that in my post. Only the main VM account will be able to do this. 

You will need to get your mum to log in to My Virgin Media and follow the above steps to delete the account. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos