Menu
Rhysmarshall
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked and can’t access account

My Ntlworld email account has been hacked and the password has been changed.

This account was set up for me as a child by my mum and I am not a Virgin media customer.

I really need to access this email account to secure it or have it deleted before it is used for anything bad. 

please help!!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked and can’t access account

Hi Rhysmarshall,

Thanks for joining the community and we appreciate you coming here for help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your email account. Can you please tell me how you know the email account has been hacked?

If the email account is linked to a Virgin Media account under your Mother's name, I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to reset the password for you as a third party and we would need to be speaking with the account holder directly in order to reset any account credentials. Have you tried using the online password reset (forgotten my password) on the sign in screen of our webmail? 

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Rhysmarshall
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply. I can’t access my password to reset the password but I am still signed in on my iPhone. So I can still see my new messages. I have been receiving these messages from my own account saying „your account has been hacked“ etc. 

so is the only option to delete it? If so can you please go ahead and do this. 
Thanks,

Rhys

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning, Rhys.

We'd need to speak to the account holder to do this. Could you get your Mum to register on the forums and then we can go through security to do the deletion?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos