Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email hacked along with Amazon account

Hi

My Amazon account has been hacked so i asked for a one time code to be emailed to my main virgin email..its been sent 20 times or more and won't show in my email....anyone any ideas as its driving me nuts... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email hacked along with Amazon account

are you sure the email hasn't be changed on the amazon account? have you contacted amazon? what do they say

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you use the same password on your email account & Amazon? If yes then your email address was probably compromised either before or after Amazon.
Can you have Amazon send the security email to another address?
Did you add a phone number to your account? If so try recovery via the phone number.

Try logging in to VM webmail & checking to see if it’s there, also check under Junk folder or All Mail folder.

Do you have 2-step authentication turned on under your Amazon account? If not then I recommend turning it on when you recover your account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried everything that you have all suggested...Amazon are hopeless

I think someone is masking my virgin email account as i often get virgin messages saying my email is being used for spam.

How do i remove my email from virgin so they cant do that anymore?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If the email address is a secondary account then you can delete it via your my account link.

If your main email then I don’t know if this can be changed, if it can then support would have to do this for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@s7evehughes wrote:

Tried everything that you have all suggested...

I have stopped posting here but I'll make an exception for you.😉

I have watched this thread from the beginning and I think the answer to your problem is pretty obvious. The hacker has not only hacked your Amazon account, they have also hacked your VM email account and set up a filter rule in your VM Wemail account to divert all emails from Amazon to another email account that they control.

To confirm that sign in to your  email account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Then click the system menu icon (the 3 horizontal bars) on the very top right hand side of the menu bar

Click Settings from the drop down menu.

Expand the E-mail options.

Select Filter Rules.

If you see any filters that you don't recognise it means that someone else created them and that your account has been hacked. You will need to follow all the advice here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked 

If I'm wrong - well I'm sorry to waste your time.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you found the hacker he had put a re route on my amazon e mails to his account ...looks Korean i think.

anyway cheers again you are a star

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@s7evehughes wrote:

Thank you found the hacker ...looks Korean i think

No problem, glad I could help.

The email account your emails have been going to almost certainly does not belong to the hacker. They are too clever for that. It may well belong to another unknowing innocent victim like yourself or it could be an account that cannot be linked to any specific individual.

Finally, don't forget to carry out all the instructions in the link I gave. You must change your password, your security questions and scan your devices for malware to make your account as secure as possible. All the instructions are in the link.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will do and thanks again...

0 Kudos