cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked- Password changed yet old password still working?! What is going on. URGENT

Donald_Kennedy
Joining in

My ntlworld.com account has been hacked.

I changed the password

The new password works with webmail on the brower however I am still able to log in with the old password(as can the hacker) on outlook and on my phone?!?!?!

And when I try to use the new and correct password on my outlook and mobile it says the password is invalid

The hacker is currently on my account causing havoc as the old password is still somehow active on outlook/mobile.

How can this be fixed?

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Donald_Kennedy thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Donald_Kennedy wrote:

And when I try to use the new and correct password on my outlook and mobile it says the password is invalid

The hacker is currently on my account causing havoc as the old password is still somehow active on outlook/mobile.

How can this be fixed?

Sign into Virgin Media Mail settings | Virgin Media, select Account settings > Virgin Media Mail settings > Generate new App password and use that password with email clients, i.e. Outlook. Also consider following the advice here My Virgin media email has been hacked | Virgin Media Help

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks