cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email filters

Ian36
Joining in

I have recently had my email hacked. I have followed the advice regarding removing auto forward email addresses I don't know. I notice that in the filters there are =jjj and = kkk. Should these be in there or should I delete them ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ian36 wrote:

I have recently had my email hacked. I have followed the advice regarding removing auto forward email addresses I don't know. I notice that in the filters there are =jjj and = kkk. Should these be in there or should I delete them ?

If you didn't set them up then delete them.

I hope that you have followed all the other advice for hacked accounts, i.e changing the account password and security answers as well as checking all your devices for malware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ian36 wrote:

If you didn't set them up then delete them.

I hope that you have followed all the other advice for hacked accounts, i.e changing the account password and security answers as well as checking all your devices for malware.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham. Yes I have changed my password etc. I have deleted them all and the auto forward filter and I am finally getting my emails into my inbox. Success! 

Hi Ian36, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you faced some issues recently. 

We're glad that you've been able to get things sorted since posting. 

I'd also like to say thanks to Graham for offering some great advice to help get you back up and running again. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know so we can help.

Take care and enjoy your weekend 🙂 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs