Menu
Maharg55
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email filters

I have three Virgin Media email addresses - my main one plus two for specific purposes. All are set up together so Ican access them at the same time. I want to set up an email filter to redirect certain incoming email into a different folder. I can see how to do this but the folders offered into which to redirect mail are only those relating to the main account. The folders under my other two accounts are not listed. Is there any way to do this please?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email filters

Hello

How are you trying to setup the email filtering ?

If you are adding email filtering on webmail will only work within the account that you are signed in to, that is why you only see the folders on your main account, as there is no link between the email accounts they are separate.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Maharg55
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your swift reply. Yes, I am using webmail. Is there a different way to do what I want?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

In webmail no, as @DJ_Shadow1966 wrote earlier, filter rules operate within the environment of the email account. You maybe able to gain the functionality sought via use of an email client, for example in Thunderbird it is possible for filters to reference the folders of other accounts setup within it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos