Menu
tarboat
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email failing to connect to destination server

I have recently changed the dns settings for my domain brocross.co.uk . The changes have now propagated and all is well with emails arriving in my mailbox as normal. The one area where mails are failing to get through are when I post to that address from my virginmedia account using the virginmedia smtp server. In that case the email now fails to get through and after a few minutes I receive the following message:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     
 Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 31 minute(s):
  *[REMOVED]
 Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-7-imp.
 I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Test", has not yet been delivered to
[REMOVED]
  The messages has yet to be delivered due to the following error:??
 Could not connect: Failed to connect

It seems to be only the virginmedia service that is failing to connect. It was working until the changes propagated. Any ideas how to get virginmedia smtp back to talking to brocross.co.uk?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
tarboat
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email failing to connect to destination server

It would appear that there was some form of cacheing persisting on the virgin media end. After 48 hours it seems to have cleared and all is now working. 😀

0 Kudos