Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Email duplicating

I have a blueyonder email address and since Monday for no reason I am receiving two of each email. I have not changed anything it suddenly started. Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email duplicating

@Lottie57 wrote:

I am receiving two of each email.

Can anyone help please?

Are you seeing the duplicate emails when you sign in to your VM email (Webmail) account directly from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  or is it just when you check your emails using the third party email app on your phone or other device?

Also...

Do you  have an autoforward on your main VM email account to forward your incoming messages to another  email address? Please check that by signing in via the link above and then:

• Click the 'System' menu icon (3 horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar and then click the Settings menu item.
  • Expand the 'Email' option.
  • Select 'Auto Forward'. That will show the email address if those emails are being forwarded.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.
They are duplicating on virgin. on outlook and on my phone and other devices. I have unintalled and reinstalled outlook on my laptop but it's still happening. I will have a look at your suggestion. Thank you again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Lottie57 wrote:
They are duplicating on virgin. on outlook and on my phone and other devices. I have unintalled and reinstalled outlook on my laptop but it's still happening.

Just a heads up. As long as the duplicates exist on the VM email server itself, (that is what you are seeing when you sign into the account using the link I gave), then the email software on your devices will simply upload them to the devices again next time you use it.

Try deleting the duplicates on the VM website and then see what happens on your devices.

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I deleted a duplicate on virgin and by magic it disappeared off my phone. So is the problem with virgin and can I fix it?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I deleted a duplicate on virgin and by magic it disappeared off my phone.
The power of IMAP, it sometimes seems like magic but it's just doing what it's meant to do.

So is the problem with virgin and can I fix it

Have you checked the autoforward issue I mentioned? It's not likely to be the problem if the duplicates exist on the VM server but it would be useful to check. The other question is whether it is every incoming email that gets duplicated or just certain senders? What happens if you send a test email to yourself, does that get duplicated?

Coenoby

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Every email arrives twice. When I send myself a test message that arrives twice on virgin and my phone plus outlook. The autoforward box is ticked.

I have changed no settings and this started out of the blue on Monday.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Lottie57 wrote:

Every email arrives twice. When I send myself a test message that arrives twice on virgin and my phone plus outlook. The autoforward box is ticked.

I have changed no settings and this started out of the blue on Monday.

So your autoforward screen looks like this? Yes?

auto forward empty.png

Just one final thing, can you check whether there are any filter rules set up on your VM account. Go through the same route as before, sign into VM email account and then

• Click the 'System' menu icon (3 horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar and then click the Settings menu item.
  • Expand the 'Email' option.
  • Select 'Filter rules'.  (It is the option below 'Autoforward') Are there any rules specified there?
    ThanksCoenoby
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

All the boxes in in autoforwarding are checked. I never knew that was there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The only rule there is autoforward.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
0 Kudos