Menu
Dhensley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email delivery failure - virgin on block list

I am getting message delivery failure notices when emailing people on hotmail.  These say that the issue is with my ISP (Virgin Media) but I can't find out how to get help resolving them. If I call the broadband help just wants to test the line, and I can't get to speak to anyone.

the messages I get say:
Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [AM7EUR06FT023.eop-eur06.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email delivery failure - virgin on block list

The standard message from Hotmail servers (Outlook.com) when this happens is usually much longer than this. Can we see the whole error message please?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dhensley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Here is the whole message - with my recipients email address anonymised.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.      

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

* XXXXXXXX@hotmail.co.uk

Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message with [Subject: "K&S Poetry Committee Meeting tomorrow"] to XXXXXXXX@hotmail.co.uk. MTA p3plwbeout22-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net received this response from the destination host IP - 104.47.18.161 -  550 , 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [68.178.252.54] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [AM7EUR06FT023.eop-eur06.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Reporting-MTA: dns; p3plwbeout22-01.prod.phx3.secureserver.net [68.178.252.52]
Received-From-MTA: dns; mailex.mailcore.me [94.136.40.145]
Arrival-Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 02:08:19 -0700

Final-recipient: rfc822; XXXXXXX@hotmail.co.uk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [68.178.252.54] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [AM7EUR06FT023.eop-eur06.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 02:08:20 -0700

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to ask for some advice on this from another of my VIP colleagues. I'm not sure what is happening here. I need to be sure before advising further.

@ravenstar68 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I really hate these messages they seem to stem from the days when you had to use your ISP's SMTP server to send mail (prior to SMTP authentication being added to the internet standards).

The message actually relates to your email service provider, more specifically their Mail Transport Agent IP address:

https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/68.178.252.54

While they don't appear an any Major Blacklists, I can tell you that Microsoft do have their own blacklists when it comes to deliveries to outlook.com and hotmail addresses.

Your provider needs to work with Microsoft to get the block lifted.

Tim

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That IP address belongs to GoDaddy. I presume you are sending your mail via their forwarding service or using them as mail host. So its not a VM issue. GoDaddy needs to talk to MS on this issue. (I had further thoughts but Tim got there first).

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just so people understand my knowledge on this.

I have my own domain and run my own email server running on a VPS on it's own IP address provided by OVH

Prior to this I was with 1&1 and after moving I found that I was getting the same message when sending to an outlook.com address  I had to deal directly with Microsoft as postmaster for my own domain and it took some clarification before they cleared the block

Tim