Menu
vmcalan
Joining in
Message 11 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: greylisting

Same problem here, a greylisting (421) bounce is affecting SOME of my emails through 34sp.com, while others through them are being delivered promptly.

Perhaps only some of the 34sp.com IP addresses are greylisted? The one I know has failed is 46.183.13.73

I see reports that emails through many other domains are also affected.

Does anyone know how long this greylisting period lasts?

0 Kudos
duzzyfu
Tuning in
Message 12 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: greylisting

Hi,

Also not receiving email. Greylisted.

Error: 

2019-03-06 11:55:45 1h1Usm-0007qe-SA == REDACTED@virginmedia.com R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-46) H=mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.58.11]: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 421 4.2.0 MXIN613 Greylisting wait period active. Please retry later. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-send-bulk-emails ;id=1V94hmA5PrRUQ1V94hHnWf;sid=1V94hmA5PrRUQ;mta=mx8.mnd;d=20190306;t=125545[CET];ipsrc=213.161.85.139;

Not sending bulk emails, never send bulk emails. Cannot RECIEVE emails.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
GarrySaxon
Joining in
Message 13 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email delay

i have 2 separat and unrleated systems both sending to multiple virgin meda owned domains

BlueYonder.co.uk

Ntworld.com

VirginMedia.com

all are graylisting emails forever, stuckin a loop sending over and over graylisted everytime

i have mails stuck since monday  from different domains servers and isp's

there is definatly an issue with Virgin medas mail system as none of thease have issues sedning to anybody else

421 4.2.0 MXIN612 Domain Greylisting wait period active. Please retry later. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-send-bulk-emails ;id=1Tbrhy4vKVJPP1TbrhTdHC;sid=1Tbrhy4vKVJPP;mta=mx6.tb;d=20190306;t=111718[CET];ipsrc=213.123.168.5

i have customers complaining please get this fixed ASAP

0 Kudos
CurlyKylie
Tuning in
Message 14 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem. I noticed on Tuesday morning I hadn't received some expected emails overnight so began some testing. It seemed that any email send to my @blueyonder.co.uk address went into a 'black hole' I was receiving some emails so know it wasn't a total outage. This morning the senders started receiving the Greylist warnings, the emails have so far been delayed over 24 hours and are still not being delivered.
0 Kudos
RF7682
Joining in
Message 15 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, any help would be appreciated.

This has only started in the last week so some settings must have changed at VM as my IP has checked it out at they're end and said it's down to greylisting at VM.

RF

0 Kudos
baphomet999
Joining in
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Yup, same issue here

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for all your messages although I am very sorry that you've been experiencing issues with the email service.

We are aware of an issue that is causing some customers to experience problems when receiving emails to their Virgin Media Email account. 

Our team are already on the case and will endeavour to get this resolved as quickly as possible. 

Thanks

Community Mod Team

Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam - Edit - thanks for responding.

I would like to add that I've just sent a mail to blueyonder and it's gone straight away.

In the OP and in at least one other case that I can see the mail servers don't appear to be following proper practice though.

For example in the last post:

Looking at the PTR record for the IP address.

C:\Users\timdu>nslookup 213.123.168.5
Server:  cache1.service.virginmedia.net
Address:  194.168.4.100

Name:    host213-123-168-5.in-addr.btopenworld.com
Address:  213.123.168.5

Typically outbound mail servers should be configured that they announce their Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) in the HELO/EHLO line and that the PTR record also points back to the same FQDN

For example If I take the received line from a mail in my inbox.

Received: from o1264.abmail.email.theguardian.com ([167.89.5.112])
	by mx7.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net with ESMTP

Looking up the A record for the hostname

C:\Users\timdu>dig +short A o1264.abmail.email.theguardian.com

We see the A record for the hostname matches the IP address connecting to Virgin Media's mail exchanger

Doing a reverse lookup on the IP address:

C:\Users\timdu>dig +short ptr 112.5.89.167.in-addr.arpa
o1264.abmail.email.theguardian.com.

This has been best practice for many years now.  So I would urge that anyone posting makes sure that their email servers are definitely conforming to this.

That said Greylisting should not go on indefinitely, which was one of the reasons I was asking how long the delay time was.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

ahrbee
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I booked cinema tickets at around 0800 on Monday for 'The Aftermath' at 1500 on Monday afternoon. When no confirmation arrived, I contacted the cinema and the booking details were re-sent on Monday 4 at 11:13:03 GMT. This e-mail arrived today [Wednesday 6 at around 1330].

I have just heard from our bathroom contractor that an e-mail sent previously went undelivered. His second e-mail has arrived so, hopefully, any system issue at ntlworld.com has been solved. Unless a system issue is admitted, though, we may never know. Clearly, something has been very different with the service in the past couple of days. I hope it has now returned to normal.

0 Kudos
webbm00
Tuning in
Message 20 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I have same issue

my domain forwards to two email accounts xxx@gmail.com and yyy@virginmedia.com (gmail is a backup since the last issue Virgin had!). I received all the emails on the gmail account but a lot of the emails (not all) going to virginmedia account are getting greylisted

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 421 4.2.0 MXIN613 Greylisting wait period active. Please retry later. 

Started 9am on 5th March 2019

facebook, jd-sport, topcashback, pintrest emails are still getting straight through and boots, amazon and others are not

Looks like they may have fixed it at 12:00 on the 6th March (as I'm writing this) as a load of old emails have just come through

0 Kudos