Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email deactivated?

Grimnir
Joining in

The situation:

I had VM, and thus a VM email under first.last@virginmedia.com

I switched to another ISP and set first.last@virginmedia.com to forward emails to my new email address in the meantime

I switched back to VM after 18 months and continued using email as normal

Email now appears to be deactivated or deleted, presumably as it was created under a no longer existing VM account as I can't access it via password, reset password or recreate it

Is it possible to retrieve or recreate this account and link it to the current VM account?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depending on the current status of the email account concerned and whether the old and new VM accounts are in the same account holder name - it may be possible for the VM Forum Team to arrange a 'Move and Transfer' of the old account details including the email address to the new account.  This process would replace any email addresses set up under the new account.

The VM Forum Team should be able to advise further when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. Despite what I said in my post about it seemingly being deactivated I have just had some delayed forwarded emails come through so it appears the account still exists, I just no longer have access to it.

Hi Grimnir

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community

Graham is right here it does sound like an old account that was not moved over or deleted when you originally left, as mailboxes normally are after 90 days. 

We can try to help do this via what is a Move and Transfer process. This requests a move from the old account to the new one but would delete any new emails you've set up on the new account. 

We would also need to be dealing with the account holder for this as well, as something that only the account holder can do. I'll pop you a PM over now to get some details

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill