cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email deactivated/reset issues

esmith42
Joining in

Hey,

Was wondering if anyone else had issues with getting into their ntlworld or virginmedia email address recently. When i went to look at my email I was taken to a screen telling me my account had been locked out or deactivated because of a security breach and that I needed to reset my password. So I tried that, only to get a new message that I would need to contact virgin media by phone because my account "didn't have enough details set up". But when you phone virgin media's number they only give you the option of discussing Broadband, TV, landline or mobile. Not really sure what the next step is besides trying to @ them on Twitter.

7 REPLIES 7

esmith42
Joining in

Image I get after trying to reset password.

VirginMediaEmail.png

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Email issues come under the broadband section of the phone menu.

Alternatively wait for a VM Forum Team member to respond here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @esmith42 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to reset your password, just to confirm - do you have an activate broadband account with us that has the email in questions linked to it?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes it is linked to a broadband account

Hi esmith42

Thank you. 

Is the issue being experienced on our webmail platform? or only happening when using an email client (Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Firebird, Apple Mail, etc.). 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki_M

The virgin media webmail platform. I wouldn't use any other email clients.

Hi esmith42, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that there is an issue with the email. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Kind regards, Chris.