cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email connection error

SRow
On our wavelength

A couple of days ago, I have found that when I sign on to Email from the Virgin Media home page, all I get is a dark blue screen, with an even darker blue box in the centre, and the words

'Connection error
The service is not available right now. Retry'

and 'Rev65' at the bottom of the screen.

I'm using Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 laptop.  I have tried using an alternative browser (Firefox), and it works as normal on there, but why doesn't it work on Edge, which I have been using quite happily for years.

I have restarted Edge and also the laptop.  Anyone else getting this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As it is working in a different browser the problem in Edge is likely to be due to a corrupt cookie or browser cache entry.

Delete the browser cache and all cookies relating to Virgin media mail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As it is working in a different browser the problem in Edge is likely to be due to a corrupt cookie or browser cache entry.

Delete the browser cache and all cookies relating to Virgin media mail.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SRow
On our wavelength

Hi Graham,

Thank you so much. I hadn't realised until now that it was possible to delete cookies by individual sites, so I am grateful to learn this. I have deleted all cookies related to Virgin Media, and this has done the trick. I wasn't sure where to delete browser cache anyway, but just deleting cookies has done the trick!

Thanks for coming back to us on the forums @SRow.

I'm glad to hear that the great advice from the community members has resulted in your problems being resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L