Menu
philfryer1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email compromised advised to give new contact email address

I have been a customer of virgin media for over 10 years.

My email address was compromised by some scum in russia, i went through the steps to protect my account as stated by virgin media.

step 3 give a new contact address,,, so i did.

On the 3rd Feb 2020 my original email address and email box on myvirgin media vanished.

the person i gave a new contact email address to in Malaysia removed my original or marked it for removal..

i did not ask for it to be removed or deleted.

i called 150 they said it had been deleted,

i contacted Amazon to reset my password they sent a conformation email to my registered email address, the one that virgin tech said had been deleted, hey ho it as not been deleted at all, now Amazon will not change my password because i have not clicked on the confirmation link. the none i cannot get to because VirginMedia  removed it and will not restore it to my account.

i have sent a test email to my original email address and it as not been pinged back to me.

trust me i have contacted the tech team and the retentions team over 15 times and made 3 complaints and still no one can understand that all i want is my email box back on myvirgin media so that i can see my emails.

The call centres do not understand what is wrong the last call this morning ended up with the condescending help changing my contact email back to my original, and guess what, yes i cannot click on the confirmation email they sent to my original email address because the email box is not linked to my account.  so now the situation is even worse.

i admit i became very angry, i have waited almost a month to get my email package back, today they made another work ticket for tech to look into this i have to wait another 7 days. i have been waiting for a call back from complaints fr over 3 days, i have been told that now its the 7th march before i will get a call.

i have been told to use this forum as technical people use this and they can address more technical question..... can you ? but dont tell me im just the customer go back to your tech teams and tell them how to sort it.

regards to all Phil

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email compromised advised to give new contact email address

Hi philfryer1,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry you are having issues with your email and that our customer service hasn't been the best on this issue you are having. Can I ask are you able to log into your My Virgin Media account and view your emails on there? Or can you not access it at all? 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
philfryer1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zoie

thanks for your reply i did write a full reply but caught the power button on my keyboard shut down my pc and lost the lot.

MY email box on my virgin media as gone. i have tried to explain this to your call centre staff in Malaysia 10 maybe 20 times but to no avail. 

a guy in retention's found the email address and i presume the inbox for it and put a work order in to tech to have it connected. 8 days later nothing, i called up spoke to tech again they could not understand the problem and said it could not be done it does not exist, more times than i can remember i have gone through the same steps with the same outcome so you can imagine i have been getting more angry on every call.

on every call i have been passed around to some one else that could not understand me, and none of the calls were introduced so i had to go through security again and again. its possible they were doing this on purpose, having worked in a professional call centre for 6 years we very soon stamped out this kind of customer treatment and people were removed from the position.

the last time i spoke to a lady in Malaysia and yes i got very angry decided to remove the contact  email address i had given for the original one that had no email box to view the emails in it. no matter how i tried to advise her that this was wrong she persisted that i wait 24 hours and click on the confirmation email in the inbox. at this point i gave up the will to live i was angry and shouted down the phone that how could i click on the email when the email box does not exist on my virgin media account. she hung up.

i have made 3 attempts to complain. i have not received a call from any one, although a couple of attempts were made to cvall me, i called back to be told you do not have a complaints department and no one can put me through.

thew last call i made i wass told the complaints team would contact me by 7th March.

i still do not have my original email address that company have links to, they will not change my passwords or email address because i cannot click on thire confirmation emails they send me, i cannot change my email address with them because their emails are still getting through to [REMOVED] un till they bounce back and its confirmed that the em,ail address as been deleted they will do nothing.

your tech team made me look a fool by saying it had been deleted which i -passed on to my other companies.

This is the worst customer service i have ever experienced from anywhere  it as caused untold stress and god knows how much harm to company's i deal with or emails not replied to.

If you can do something i thank you for your help

kind regards Phil [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion around what's happened here Phil.

Older email addresses linked to former accounts are purged as per the t&c's for using the service. Could that be what's caused the email address in question here to have disappeared?

Tom 

0 Kudos
philfryer1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, i dont think so, this was my main email address, itw as only after i gave a new contact email address due to the account being possibly compromised that it vanished, it is still active you can send emails to it and they do not get pinged back, thats half the problem, if it was deleted i could change my passwords and email address's on other accounts with different companies but as it stands i cannot confirm the changes as i cannot open the emails they send with the confirmation links., and as they are not bounced back to the sender indicating the email address is not in use they will not let me change anything.
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Right, thanks for confirming. I'd like to take a further look into this, so please reply to the PM I'm going to send shortly to confirm a few details & we'll take it from there.

Tom 

0 Kudos