Menu
LeeCrowhurst
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email bounces

Just recently, any emails I send to a particular email address are being bounced, with the following message coming up 

Reason: This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-4-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "New email address", could not be delivered to xxxx

The remote server returned the below error when attempting delivery:

550:550-"JunkMail rejected - know-smtprelay-omc-4.server.virginmedia.net
550 [80.0.253.68]:44132 is in an RBL, see v=spf1 a -all"

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email bounces

Hi LeeCrowhurst, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post.

Have you tired sending from a different email address? So we know which address has the issue 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email bounces

I think the answer to this one lies completely in the bounce message posted. 

The message was sent from a VM mail address by an e-mail client (program) and not via VM's web mail system. How I know this - read on.

The recipient's ISP bounced it back because the VM server it came from was apparently on an RBL - real time block list, as it had been reported for sending spam. 80.0.253.68 is the IP address for one of VM's SMTP (outward bound) mail servers in NW England.

The server reporting the non-delivery is one of VM's servers in NW England as well. 

I have checked the SMTP server in MX toolbox and it is not listed there so I think the RBL listing has now been withdrawn and things should be back to normal. All ISP mail servers get listed from time to time, but the admins for the server constantly monitor this and deal with adverse listings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks