Menu
mrlobby
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email again

• Is there an email app which will work seamlessly with virgin email system.

I have tried approx 5 different apps, all of which will stop sending emails after a period. Sometimes just switch off and back on off android will 'repair', sometimes I have to type in all the settings again.

I am getting well and truly disillusioned with virgin, the only reason I am still with them and their enormous monthly bill is because all my life is based around my email address. 

Does virgin have their own email app? Or must be virgin which causes the issues because it happens with different apps, different phones. Or maybe it's 3?

Can anyone suggest a good way/app/network that will send snails everyday, and not just Mondays Wednesday and occasionally Friday don't think about Tuesday. Thursday is okay if it's an even number. Sunday if its a full moon

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email again

The email client server settings are the same regardless of which app you choose to use.  Indeed the sever had no idea which app you are using.

I have been using the Blue Mail email app on my android phone for a number of years without issues 24/7.

Virgin Media do not have an email app of their own, other than the webmail access, which isn't technically an app but a browser window.

Edit to add: having looked at your posting history, together with your reference to 3, is this issue only happening when using a mobile data connection?

You previously reported a VM305 error which results from the sending IP address being blocked on the Spamhause CSS list.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos