Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email after leaving VM

Hi, I am leaving VM. This is just a simple query, from a simple man. I know VM kindly allow 90 days access to VM email after account closure. I use a Mac and have Apple Mail, so i don't have to sign in and out on VM. Am i right to assume that, any mail files i have built up on my Apple Mail, won't disappear after 90 days. So i don't need to 'move' them. I am, of course, updating my contacts etc with a new email address in the meantime. Any advice will, as always, be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email after leaving VM

Good Afternoon cibobder,

Thanks of your post on our Community Forums.

As a cautionary measure I would advise saving any important documents from the E-Mail account to your device or to the cloud. 

You may already have a setting within the application that automatically saves all files to the cloud, but I'd always advise extra vigilance when dealing with documents that may be deemed important / valueable

Kindest regards

David_Bn 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi David_Bn,    

Many thanks for the reply. On my Apple mail, i am moving any emails to 'keep' from VM account into new Mailboxes under 'on my mac'. I will also save to iCloud as per your advice. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please to hear that you're organising the important emails to different email address , ready for your Virgin Media email to be deleted from our systems. 

You will find that you won't be able to log into your email account so please make sure that you don't miss anything.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Lisa.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I always advise that after the 90 days are up, run the address(es) through mailtester.com to be sure they are completely deleted.  If not, come back to this forum and get them manually deleted.  Otherwise, they are vulnerable to hacking, and your personal and financial details could be stolen, your friends and family spammed.  Don't let it be you.  Best wishes.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks