cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email addresses

Pdm123
Tuning in

Hi 

if I am leaving virgin media but still have virgin mobile can I still use my email address? 

5 REPLIES 5

Pdm123
Tuning in

Hi 

if I am leaving virgin media but still have virgin mobile can I still use my email address? 

Pdm123
Tuning in

Hi 

if I am leaving virgin media but still use virgin mobile can I still keep using my email address 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A Virgin email address is a freebie add-on to an active broadband subscription, if that is cancelled the T&Cs allow VM to disconnect that email within 90days I believe.

There have been plenty of previous posts where the 90day cutoff hasn't happened, but it can occur anytime beyond then with no warning.

Relying on ISP-provided email is generally a bad idea anyway - either get a freebie account with gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail or suchlike, or better still - get your domain and have full control.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Pdm123 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

You would need to have an active broadband account with us to continue to use the email account.

These are typically deleted within 90 days of the broadband account being closed.

We are very sorry fro any disappointment this may cause. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Vikki_M wrote:

Snip...

These are typically deleted within 90 days of the broadband account being closed.

...Snip

After 90 days, not within, there's a legal distinction between the two!

Within 90 days implies that they can delete it the day after you leave, actually you have a 90 day 'grace period' in which you need to make alternative arrangements - and I don't three months is unreasonable, to be honest.

Now in reality your email may well continue to work for far, far longer than 90 days, but it can and probably will, just vaporise at some point after that with no further notice.