Menu
ericg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email addresses and duplication

I find in my complete address listing (accessed via icon next to CC BCC) has maybe 1000listings amassed over many years with many duplications eg at least 10 Amazon ones. Is there really no way of deleting all the unwanted ones apart from creating emails and deleting them one by one, which would take hours

Can any expert offer any suggestions

ericg  

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email addresses and duplication

The only reason for going down the draft email path was because the email addresses could not be located under Address Book. Try looking under  Address Book > Collected addresses

0 Kudos
ericg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks VIP, I will give it a try
ericg
0 Kudos
ericg
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry VIP, your suggestion does not help. I can use the CC BCC icon to get either my contacts list or my gigantic total address list. This includes many addresses of people who may be dead, firms which have gone bankrupt. Amongst this list there will be on or two useful ones, but they are so difficult to find There is still no way of a simple deletion by which I mean highlight then delete or tick select box then delete. It does seem strange that what I am hoping to do is not possible
Thanks for your thoughts
ericg
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Usual this can be achieved with the Address Book, for example to list all entries try:

• select Address Book
  • make sure Folder view is enabled by selecting « (located toward bottom left of web page) or View ▾ and then Folder view
  • if checkboxes are not shown select View ▾ and then  Checkboxes
  • type 🞰 (Asterisk character)  in the search field (0) and press enter key; by default All Folders ▾ (1) should already be set but if not amend
    2020-06-06.jpeg
ericg
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks VIP. You have shown me what I was looking for, a simple way of removing all the redundant (for whatever reason) email addresses. It has been worth the effort on your part.

Thanks again 

ericg

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good to read the issue is resolved.