cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address

Waynew
Joining in

I have changed my virgin media email address in my account.  Will my old ntlworld one get closed down or can I close it down to stop someone trying to make accounts with that old email address . Has anyone done this or have any advice thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Many ntlworld email accounts have been hacked, and Virginmedia seem to be doing nothing about it other than closing down the accounts. 

You can't close the account yourself, but if you wait here a staff member will take your details and offer to do it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Many ntlworld email accounts have been hacked, and Virginmedia seem to be doing nothing about it other than closing down the accounts. 

You can't close the account yourself, but if you wait here a staff member will take your details and offer to do it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Waynew thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this query.
If you change the email for the login, it will not remove any of the email addresses underneath the account.
Is there an email that you would like removed? If so, let us know and we'll get onto it!

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. I keep getting spam returned to my email address and also they keep trying to set a instagram account up with my ntlworld email constantly and its getting rather annoying now 

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Waynew on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to request our IT team to get this deleted.
As advised - it will take 5 working days.
Feel free to reach out to us for any other query.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs