Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email address

Can i link my current Blueyonder address to another account? Was account holder for ex partners home. She's recently moved house & the service disconnected. Equipment returned to VM. Understand email address will remain active for 90 days. My current home address has Virgin media service, though I'm not the account holder. Can my @blueyonder mail be associated with this account? If so, how do I go about it? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email address

That's an interesting question. and the answer is a partial "yes". But there is a caveat. The transfer would make your BY address the primary e-mail address at your current address and will wipe out all the mail addresses currently used by that account, including all the content of those addresses held on the VM servers.

Even if you wanted it to work the two account holders concerned would have to agree. They BY address was never yours. It was under the control of your ex as the VM account holder. So your ex and the account holder at your current address would have to agree. It's not going to work is it?

Best thing to do is for you to get an e-mail address independent of any ISP and move your mail and contacts to that new address while you still have the time.

Edit - in view of the subsequent replies to this thread I'll add that the prospects are very slim indeed anyway.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

its also been said by staff that transfers must be between the same account holders. So i'd say most likely not

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a process called 'move and transfer'.  However, this normally requires the same account holder for both the old and new account.  The process also wipes out any email addresses already operating on the receiving account.

Your best approach would be to set up a new email address not linked to an ISP, and use the time available to inform your contacts of your new address.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And I always counsel to backup important emails from the blueyonder mailbox to your own secure location.  When you have got most things transferred to your new provider, you can set up an autoforward in webmail to help pick up anything you have missed.

Turn off all spam filtering so you don't have to log in again to retrieve mis-identified spam.  Don't use the holiday notice - that could alert spammers and scammers to your new address.  Delete all emails and contacts from webmail.  This reduces the data that could be lost if anyone hacks in.  When the 90 days are up run the address through https://mailtester.com and make sure it is removed from VM's server.  If still showing valid, come back here and ask them to delete it manually.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Have we solved your issue? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer'
0 Kudos