Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email address

When I send an email the receiver received it with my email showing as ‘Virgin’ and not my email address how can I change this so it shows my email address and not just ‘Virgin’?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email address

If you view the sent email what do you see in the From field? If you see:

• “Virgin” then the Display Name needs to be changed in your email client; post here with detail of the email client in use to receive further help
  • otherwise it is likely the recipient's email client address book is overriding the Display Name  in your email.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In my sent it says Virgin but I have no idea how to find out my client?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So that means you have no idea how you are sending e-mail? Let's give you a clue. Are you using a separate program like Outlook or Thunderbird or Windows Mail to send mail. Or are you just logging in to Virgin Media Mail on the web site and using that to send and receive and manage your mail?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I don’t know I’ve looked in settings but I normally log onto virgin website and click on email and the account is on my iPhone too which is synced????

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@drichards wrote:

No I don’t know ..........the account is on my iPhone too which is synced????

In that case the email 'client' is the email app that you have set up on your iPhone to allow you to manage your email from your phone. That could be 'Outlook (for IOS)',  IOS 'Mail' or one of the many other email apps that can be used on an iPhone.

Only you will know which one, we cannot tell that from here.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos