Menu
bristolcustomer
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email address if leaving

Can I take my email address with me if leaving virgin?? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email address if leaving

Hello

If you leave VM then the email addresses attached to the account are normally removed after 90 days as per the terms and conditions, although some have remained longer although they can be removed at any time. The email address cannot be transferred to another ISP.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
bristolcustomer
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike - much appreciated.  Do you know how easy it is to move old emails over to another provider (gmail perhaps?)??

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Moving email is no easy task, you will need to inform all of your contacts that your email address is changing, all accounts like paypal, ebay etc you would have to go and change them in the websites of the service, then you can forward your emails from one your ISP to gmail, if you use a email client like Outlook, Thunderbird to view you emails then in those there is an export option to export your inbox, and then you can import the data into gmail.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

For Gmail see How to Import an Old Email Account Into Gmail; other email services may provide a similar feature / service.

Be aware that you will need to export webmail's Address Book and Tasks data separately by selecting that appears next to each address book or task list name and selecting Export from the pop-up menu.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos