Menu
Bethderbyshire
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email address Deleted

My virgin.net email address was deleted by someone in March. After 3 days of phone calls I discoed that it had been deleted by someone. I have tried to find out more but I can't get hold of anyone. This has been devastating as I have had it for 20 years of contacts and information.  I had given up but today someone told me that it must be still active as the email they sent did not bounce back.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email address Deleted

are you still a VM customer.
And was the email address connected with your current VM account or a old account?
0 Kudos
Bethderbyshire
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello 

Thank-you for being in touch. I still have an account with Virgin Media as I can sign into it, but I don't pay for it as far as I am aware. I can see reference to my email and password there. So yes my old .net account is the one that was deleted. Its does say that not all features are available due to move too talk talk, but it has said that for years.

I have lost years and years of information and I wasn't given any warning as far as I can recall but I can't check obviously

0 Kudos
Bethderbyshire
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

is there anyway I can put a forward on to my email through my virgin account?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if you do not have a paid vm broudband account you should not have even had the email address.
It was always part of the T&C.

your email should of been deleted 90 days after you left or 1 year after moving to talktalk.

It looks like it wasn't and the system has noticed and cleaned up the account.

VM will not ba able to recover the email for you
0 Kudos
Bethderbyshire
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I see.  Thank-you for letting me know but is there anyone I can contact to at least make sure it can send a reply to say it no longer exists as that isn't happening.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

VM will reply here in a few days. they will message you to make sure it gets fully deleted
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Bethderbyshire

What's been advised above is correct, once you leave you contract with virgin media, we allow for 90 days for people to set up a forwarding address, once this time has expired the email address can be culled at anytime. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos