Menu
leediss
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email account seems locked and I cannot access any of my emails

Hi there I have an email account with Virgin for the last 15 years and the other week my account has locked and I cannot access this. I have tried resetting the password but that also fails. Can someone take a look asap as I have 15 years of emails on there I am being denied access to my personal data GDPR.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email account seems locked and I cannot access any of my emails

Good morning @leediss 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with accessing your email address, are you able to let me know if you are still a current virgin media customer? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
leediss
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No I left Virgin some 14 years ago, I have been using my email until a week ago and now I cannot access

I have not received a 90 day shutdown notice either,

If I am to get off virgin need a grace period as my virgin account is used to verify most change of passwords and emails for other sites.

Can I have temp access for a week to get my data and close my account please?

0 Kudos
leediss
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also to note I can still log into Virgin but not access my emails

0 Kudos
leediss
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Any update please Zak

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @leediss,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your Email access issue. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem, I completely understand how frustrating this can be.

Thank you for letting us know that you're not a Virgin Media customer and that you have tried to reset your password.

Can you let us know if you have tried to reset your password to something completely new that you have not used previously? This can really help when resetting your password in order to gain access to your mailbox.

Please give this a try and let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
leediss
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey there I did reset my password to something completely new but still I cannot access my emails, I can log onto virgin media and see my profile so I have signed in on the new password nut cannot access the emails side

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi leediss,

Is the email account attached to any active account with us at all? If the email address isn't attached to an active subscription with us, unfortunately the email address would be terminated as per out T&Cs. I'm afraid that there isn't anything we can do to restore the account, even temporarily.

We do advise that before closing your account down with us that you'll have 90 days from the disconnection date to have access to your emails to save any important emails. Sometimes mailboxes can take much longer to be shut down after the 90 days has passed.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos