Menu
trippyarsenal
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email account not recognised

HI,

Newbie post so please bare with me.

My mother in law's email virginmedia.com account appears to have been closed, least when she tries to access it it says the email address is not recognised etc.

She was a Virgin Media customer until Oct 19 when a house move meant she couldn't take her tv service with her, her email worked fine until recently when it ceased working.

When I try to log her in it says her email address is not recognised, I'm a virgin customer so tried to set up an alternate account through my account but it wont let me choose her old email account so I chose an alternative, we can't change things such as her amazon, ebay, electricity accounts etc as they send confirmation emails to her her registered email.

Does anyone know how we can get access back to her old email address and whether I can link it to my paid account to stop it happening again ?

Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email account not recognised

Once the account has been closed then that it is, I'm afraid.  It cannot be recreated or added to another customers account.

You will have to approach the companies concerned who must have alternative ways of allowing a contact email address to be changed when the original address no longer exists.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos