cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account not available

Paul19741
On our wavelength

Help anyone? I can’t receive emails on any devices, when I log in via a web browser I simply get a message saying Sorry my email account is not available try again in an hour.

I have made several calls to VM, reset my password 5 times but nothing has worked. I cannot wait up to 5 working days for IT to come back to me as my email is linked to various countries COVID sites for travel.

Help anyone, please.

12 REPLIES 12

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul19741,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 
I am sorry to hear you are having email issues. 

When was the last time you accessed your account and what is the domain of the email eg @VirginMedia.com, @blueyonder.co.uk, we will not need the full email.

Zoie

Paul19741
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie

I last received an email approximately 5.30am on Wednesday 1st December. I only usually check my emails using the mail app on my iPad/iPhone. I tried to log in using my web browser on my PC and IPad lunchtime on Wednesday as my mail app on my iPad kept giving an error, that’s when I first got the screen saying mail account was unavailable. I called customer services 4 times Wednesday afternoon each time resetting my password and waiting up to an hour.

My wife’s secondary email linked to my account works fine.

It is an @virginmedia.com account. I still cannot access my emails via web browser or email app.

Thanks

Paul19741
On our wavelength

Update- just spent 45 mins on phone to Virgin,  the operator apparently spoke with IT who said to reset my password, I explained I did this 5 times on Wednesday with 4 different people at Virgin. Still I reset my password again, 6th time and It still did not resolve the problem and I am still locked out my emails, it seems nothing has been done since Wednesday despite a ticket having been raised. 

Any urgent help would be gratefully appreciated as need to complete my Covid travel forms. 

Paul19741
On our wavelength
Hey Zoie, sorry to bother you but any joy. Not being able to access my emails is now getting really stressful. I am unable to change certain things like my covid test bookings as to change my email address on the test site they send a link to my virgin email that I cannot access.

Paul19741
On our wavelength

Hey Gareth I've had the same problem and had several long phone calls and re-setting password attempts. Can you help me please?

[MOD EDIT: Post split from old thread to it's own and subject title changed for clarity. @Paul19741 please include more information about your own issue/what you've tried so the Forum can help]

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Paul19741,

Thank you for your reply, 

I have managed to locate your account and can see you spoke to our team were they able to advise on this.

Zoie

Paul19741
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie. The team have not been very helpful, but I did receive a call from a manager in your complaints department. He, unlike the customer services people I spoke with gave an explanation for the problem, and a solution to try, as to whether this works yet I do not know as I am still following his instructions. Apparently there has been a systematic outside “attack” on VM emails that has led to to locking out of thousands of email accounts by Virgin you may want to check up on this so yourself so as to be able to properly advise forum members. 

Paul19741
On our wavelength

Right long story short. 1st of December emails stopped working. 6 calls to VM customer services/Tier2, an IT ticket raised and 6 yes 6 change of passwords and I still cannot access email. 
I raised an issue on these forums to which a mod replied but same mod has now advised they can see I have spoken to someone, which I have 6 times.

I made a complaint and a complaints team member/manager  called me yesterday, 5th December. Unlike previous calls he gave me an explanation as to what he believed the problem was. Apparently due to suspicious third party activity Virgin themselves have locked down thousands of email accounts, nice of them to tell us. Apparently the only way to unlock email is to virus scan your devices reset your password and wait 24 hours then log in. I explained I use iPad and iPhone,  it is not jailbroken so I cannot download antivirus software per se, walled garden etc. I do however have a PC so was told to run a scan on that, and then change my password, wait 24 hours log in and my email would be unlocked and then I could use it on all my devices. I ran the virus scan using Windows Defender changed my password for a seventh time and waited. This has not worked, I am still locked out. 

According to Virgin themselves this problem is due to direct action by them, no some quirk after updating anti spam settings. This situation needs sorting. Perhaps the only way would be for everyone who has this problem to call Virgin on mass maybe then alerting them to seeming extent of the problem, which according to Virgin themselves could affect thousands of accounts.

In the meantime can anyone fix my email.  I am at the stage were I may suffer financial losses.

Thanks

In addition I would also suggest making an online complaint straight away if resetting your password and waiting 30 mins does not solve the problem, as the call centre is pretty useless and at least a formal complaint kicks in proper time-limits for a reply.