cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account missing again

Morrile
Up to speed

Hello,

One of accounts that starts with May is not available, via any means! Can someone let me know why? 

Kind regards,

Morrile

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Morrile

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the mailbox issue was sorted.

If you do ever need anything, please pop us a public post on here and we'll be able to help

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morrile 

Is this issue linked to the problem you posted about a month ago where one of your email accounts was not showing in your "My Virgin Media" account?

I see that you were advised by customer services "that once the password was changed the account would be visible to change that password". For what it's worth, personally,  I think that advice was complete nonsense. (Sadly.VM's telephone support staff do have a history of saying anything to get the customer off the line.)  😕

Did your email address ever miraculously appear in your  list of email addresses since your last post back in November?

It's  much more likely that the reason the email account is not is showing is that the email account was never associated with your current VM contract. Did you change VM contract at some point, for example  due to a house move?

To get access to the webmail account right now you could try resetting the password to the missing email account. Go to this link  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password   and enter the email address as the Username and then follow the prompts.

However, even if you do regain access, you have not solved the underlying issue.

As more than one forum member advised you in your earlier posts. any email account that is not linked to a VM broadband  is at risk of being disconnected.  Linking the account at this stage is not straight forward,

Post back here how you get on and if necessary If necessary I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum). They can then check out your account and advise you accordingly. 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The email account WAS associated with my account, password was changed, and it’s been working for quite sometime. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Morrile wrote:

The email account WAS associated with my account, password was changed, and it’s been working for quite sometime. 

I am not sure whether you are saying  it is working at the moment but I am still going to escalate this anyway because if the email account is not showing in your My Virgin Media account it is at risk of being closed.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Morrile

Thanks for posting and sorry for the email issues. 

I'll send you a PM to assist further,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Morrile

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the mailbox issue was sorted.

If you do ever need anything, please pop us a public post on here and we'll be able to help

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team