cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account locked

Kay11
Tuning in

I'm another victim of my virginmedia  email account being locked. I have tried to change my password but it says my secure question is invalid and that it doesn't recognise the account.

I can't access anything on virginmedia. Any help would be appreciated as most of my life is on those emails. I've been trying to sort this out for two days now - it's so frustrating and I'm getting ready to leave virginmedia

8 REPLIES 8

Kay11
Tuning in

Vic,

I too have been a customer for over 20 years - it really hasn't been working properly since Virgin took over. Our ntl emails should have been changed ages ago - just cutting us off isn't really the answer. It looks like I've got a long wait until I can access Virgin.

Sorry to hear your business is suffering - the most frustrating thing for me is the loss of all my email contacts

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HRDTriumph

Sorry this is causing you a great deal of Inconvenience to your Business 

As a rule we don't recommend using a residential services for Business purposes 

Mainly down to we have way of supporting loss of earnings etc 

We do have some help here regarding the loss of email 

If you are still unable to sign in, after a password reset, can you please post a picture of the error message 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I have tried the password reset - when I get to the secure question page and enter my details it says my answer is invalid and it won't let me reset my password.  Any help with this would be appreciated. 

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1. For starters, the Terms and Conditions at -

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#broad...

prohibit the use of the VM RESIDENTIAL broadband service for business purposes (which includes email access). See section D para 8 in particular. Please read it @HRDTriumph .

2. That said, anything calling itself a business should have multiple customer communication channels to reduce the impact of any single channel failure. It’s called contingency planning.

3. What you, and others, are experiencing today is the latest side-effects of the ever-escalating battle of wits between the email providers and the Hackers & Spammers. 20 years ago this was a small problem but it has ballooned over recent years.

4. I am not privy to all the detailed changes which VM are currently making to their systems in order to identify possible Hacking or Spamming activities, and lock any affected accounts, but I can empathise with the difficulty of doing that accurately. Inevitably there will be some which have been locked but shouldn’t have been. I think we will all have to put up with that whilst the changes are being refined. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

My emails are all personal and I need my contacts to send important sports related stuff that I volunteer for. I can't 'just put up with it' as I have a deadline to send emails to participants by tomorrow.

To have your personal email locked with no warning is just not on......for all those that it hasn't happened to, it's easy for them to say 'just wait'.

The question is how long will we have to wait?? I've read that people are still waiting after 10 days - this just isn't good enough. Virgin are in danger of losing a lot of customers. I'm pretty angry that I can't access all my info that I have on my email account.

The solution they have suggested doesn't work - so what now?

BillC45
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Kay11 

If, as you say, you have to regularly send time-critical emails to other parties, then it would be surprising if you have never been told that your communication “did not arrive in time”.

Why ? Because the global email communication channel runs on the “best endeavours” basis of a veritable multitude of email providers sending messages across a global network. NOBODY can guarantee delivery of message A from system B to system C within time D. If you believe otherwise you are deluding yourself.

You will have to wait here for any update from @Gareth_L on your issue.

I have never had an issue like this in 20 years of using emails - on the odd occasion an email will bounce back as incorrect. I have never been locked out of an account before - I'm just fed up with the catch 22 situation. Virgin supply a resolution that doesn't work and it's impossible to speak to a real person these days

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kay11, 

Sorry, you are still having issues with this, have you got an active virgin media account? 

Zoie