cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account locked

Micklee123
Joining in

Hi. I’m currently fuming with the service provided in resolving this issue ( which is still not resolved). Since Monday my email account hasn’t been available and as this is a vital communication tool then every day it’s not available creates major issues. I’ve circumvented this by opening a gmail account but this only partially helps. On Monday I was told it was a password reset issue ( technician Francis- strange how many English names work in the call centres) this didn’t work. Next call on Tuesday ( Gilman the technician this time) was told needed passing to back room staff and would definitely resolve within 24 hrs - didn’t !!! Next call (Atisha) advised that it was a security lock of the account as potential suspicious spam like activity - this would take 5 working days to clear. As unhappy with loss of emails for this time ask to speak to a Manager- call back promised within 24 to 48 hours - never materialised. Next call (technician called Sash) also to put in a message to IT section but warned it could be another 5 days at least. Sash supposedly arranged for a call back by a Manager ( Dave!!!) within next half hour - 2 hours later still not taken place. What is going on Virgin - customer service here total rubbish and people seemingly saying almost anything to get you off the line. If there’s a prob with the email account why not advise me as such and give clear / speedy deadlines for resolution. Trying to speak to anyone at other than a basic level is seemingly impossible - during one conversation was advised that a number of “help” links could be emailed to me to consider. Problem here pointed out to technician was that a. Email account was locked so couldnt be accessed b. Virgin had locked the account !! At wits end here !!!

1 REPLY 1

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Michlee123. 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience here, this is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm going to send you a PM for more details so we can look into things for you and advise further. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of the Forum. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide