cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account has been locked

Ginger_Overlord
Tuning in

Good Evening,

About three months ago I cancelled my Virgin TV package and landline as the price shot up and I just wasn't able to afford it. I'm saving money now and I and watching all the channels via a Roku - which is great. The thing is, I'm trying to access my old Blueyonder email account (which I still had access to up until recently) but it now appears that I have been locked out from it. The Virgin Media page says that I need to reset my password but I am unable to do this as part of the process requires me to go into my emails?

Would my email account have been locked just because I chose to cancel some products with Virgin?

Would there be a way of retrieving my account?

Cheers.

Ginger Overlord

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ginger_Overlord If you continued to have a VM broadband account after these changes your email address should continue to operate, provided that it is attached to the current VM broadband account.

A recent security change by VM means that before you can change the email password you need to change the username for the account to a non VM email address.  A verification code will then be sent to the new username address.  Once this has been done you should then be able to change the password for the email address concerned.

Changing the log in username does not alter the underlying email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Ginger_Overlord 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues accessing your email. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Was the great advice given by @Graham_A useful? Have you been able to access your account since?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs