cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account gone

not_graybags
Joining in

Hello,

For some reason, on Monday my main email account disappeared.  Not my primary account (as that is in an ex-girlfriends name from many years ago, which I can't change, another annoying thing!)

I've been with Virgin Media for years, and set up a primary account and a few secondary accounts.  I use two of the secondary accounts daily, and like I say, on Monday one disappeared.

So I've contacted Virgin via WhasApp three times now, and each time I'm told a different thing.  I've been told they can't see the account and then someone else said yes, I can see the account and so should you be able to.  Crazy.

If I log into my primary account I can see my other secondary accounts, just not my most important one!  Its the one I use to contact everyone, friends, family, businesses.  So where has it gone?

Help!  Please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @not_graybags

Glad you can now access the mailbox concerned 🙂

If you need help with anything else, let me know. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@not_graybags wrote:

For some reason, on Monday my main email account disappeared. 

So exactly what error message do you get when you sign in to that missing secondary email account directly on the Virgin Media Website from this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

If the missing email does not appear in the list of secondary email accounts in you "My Virgin Media" account that suggests it is not linked to your current VM broadband account.

Is it possible that this email account was originally set up as part of a separate, perhaps earlier, VM broadband account rather than the current one you have?

If so, it is possible that it has been deleted by VM as a so called "orphan" email account, that is one that is no longer linked to a live VM broadband account. In theory, VM should delete such email accounts 90 days after the parent broadband account is closed but in reality VM often leave these accounts open for years before they get round to deleting them.

The Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) are best placed to check out what is going on with this email account. 

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so. You will need to answer some questions via a private message to confirm that you are the account holder so keep on eye out for a private message from them.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I can't log in to my missing secondary account, it's saying the password is wrong.

No, the accunt that has gone missing has been there as long as the others have, and I've been with Virgin since the start, so we're talking over 15 years.

I hope somebody from Virgin does contact me as this is the email account I use the most 😞

I work in IT myself, have done for years and this doesn't sound like a massive issue to fix.  If I try and recreate the account it says it already exists.  I would think they could just delete the account and re-add their end or something.

Hopefully someone from Virgin will read this, look into it and reply soon.

Hi @not_graybags,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are unable to access one of your secondary email accounts. I can see from our systems, you spoke with our team who raised a ticket with our IT team for you. 

I would like to take a closer look into things my side, so will send you a PM now to confirm the details and we can take it from there 🙂

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your time via PM @not_graybags

Glad you can now access the mailbox concerned 🙂

If you need help with anything else, let me know. 

All the best!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team