cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account error message - but no guidance or help!

T1tone
On our wavelength

Have got this message on one of my accounts - don't know why.  So, how can I 'change them'?

The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Confirm the authentication credentials are correct for the account. To do this:

• open an Incognito / Private browsing window; press Ctrl + Shift + N or Ctrl + Shift + P
  • go to provider's webmail site, for example Webmail | Virgin Media
  • sign in using the authentication credential of the account causing an issue
  • if successfully signed go to next step otherwise proceed with provider's password reset process, for example Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media
  • sign out
  • close Incognito / Private window

Sign into webmail:

• select ⚙ > Accounts > Edit for the account showing the following error:
    2022-11-06.jpeg
  • amend the Incoming server password and Outgoing server, Authentication is not set to As incoming e-mail server
  • select Save

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hello T1tone

Sorry to hear of the email access issues and the confusion caused, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Were you able to follow the advice from 用心棒 and resolve the issue? We have some assistance here for emails for general issues and settings.

Let us know.

Rob