cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account disabled without warning

towerblock
Joining in

posting for my father in law who's email account has stopped working. I suspect this is because he needs to move away from using his virgin.net email account but he's had no warning that his account would end. Can an extension be arranged to give him time to transfer all his email contacts?

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Should that suspicion be derived from either not having a Virgin Media broadband account or more than 90 days having passed since its termination then yes he should have moved his email needs across to another provider earlier; preferably not linked to use of another service, like broadband, and with security that is equal to or greater than the services it will be used with Does he have a Virgin Media broadband account?

Is he able to sign into webmail?

What, if any, error messages are seen to confirm account is disabled?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi towerblock,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your Father-in-Law has an issue with his email.

As 用心棒 has advised you do need an active broadband account with us in order to use the email service.

Has he tried resetting the password himself?

If not if he is able to contact us here himself we can see if this is something we can help with, as we would need to speak with the account holder.

Alex_Rm