forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
MrSteve1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Email account blocked

Hi, I have a blueyonder email address that I have used for many years. I have been using Gmail app and web page to access my google emails and my blueyonder emails in one place.

However, I recently noticed that my blueyonder emails were not showing in Gmail (app or web page).

I navigated to the settings to find that I had to re-enter my blueyonder details and password again - I keep getting error messages.

I have been into My Virgin Media and changed my password, then returned to Gmail but I still get the same error.

Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password.
 Server returned error: "[AUTH] Authentication failed."

I have since received a VM letter stating my email address had been used to send spam, therefore it had been temporarily locked. The letter advised me to go to VM site and click on forgot password and then reset. I have done this but still get the same error.

I still cannot access my blueyonder emails on Gmail.

I would normally phone but given the current situation I'm not sure I'll get through!!

Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email account blocked

Hi MrSteve1

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Just a thought as well, have you changed the password on gmail aswell
Regards     
Gareth_L

Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MrSteve1,

Thank you for your joining us in a Private Message regarding your email accounts and it appears that the link we gave you has been changed since our last Private Message.  After resetting your details, if you still have problems with your email account using webmail  we will need more information so we can ask our IT Team to take a look, in particular the full email headers of any emails that have been sent to you, any error messages to help us.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @MrSteve1,

Thanks for your Private Message and can confirm that our IT department has found an auto forward rule within your mailbox. I thought I'd post back on this thread in case we need them to take a look at any details as they have no visibility of our Private Messages.

Can you take a look at this link and manually delete any rules you may have by clicking on the trash can? If you can try deleting and not unticking the rules, it will help us to see if the issue is still there.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
MrSteve1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have no Filter Rules to delete???

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, can you post a screenshot as I'll ask them to double check and confirm that there are no filters so they dig deeper as it's strange. Can you confirm whether you have any filters or rules at all for that email account?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
MrSteve1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have no filters or rules set

Screenshot (5).png

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Though the posted image showed no filter rules listed it did disclosed your gmail email address. Either post a appropriately cropped version of the image or wait for @Lisa_CC to request.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

OK cheers for the update, MrSteve1, Lisa has received the update and has sent the update to IT to resolve.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @MrSteve1,

Thanks for speaking to me about your email account after I received an update from IT. Pleased that we've made progress on in and make sure you update your details after the changes.

Do monitor your email account and let us know if you're still having problems.

Thanks,

Lisa