Menu
DDevine
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email access

I can no longer access my emails on Windows Mail or virgin web mail. It shows the following error.

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email access

The mailbox unavailable message usually indicates that your VM email address has been locked by VM for security reasons. 

Provided that you are still a Virgin Media broadband customer and the email address concerned is linked to your account either in the Virgin media mail section or as a secondary account the VM Forum Team should be able to help you.

Please do the first step of changing your password to a new one not used elsewhere.  The Forum Team will do the second step of unlocking after getting your personal details by private message.  They also ask you to run virus scans on all devices that you use to access emails.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DDevine
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still a VM broadband customer, and I do have it linked. I shall wait to hear from the Forum Team then.

Thank you for the quick reply.
DDevine
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Was this misplaced, as the link just takes me to another post in the same section I already placed my issue?

Also, I may have prematurely marked this as answered. I have yet to have a forum team PM me

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry DDevine - Someone tried to hijack your thread.  I just moved it to a separate thread.  I think I ticked the wrong box and made a little confusion.  Whoops!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DDevine
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem, I just wanted to make sure

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can take away the green helpful answer by scrolling back to that post and using the Post Options button.  The Forum Team work through the posts as quickly as they can, but it may be a day before they reach yours.  At least they will have the information they require.

DDevine
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to summarise for the Forum Team:

Active VM broadband member
Email is in the My profile/services page on my.virginmedia
Error is as previously mentioned
Changed my password

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DDevine,

Thanks for posting, and thankyou for providing the information you have up to now. 

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you. (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm