cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email access "Forbidden"

brackensroad
Dialled in

Hello –

I have been locked out – again – from my Virgin webmail.

At first it was the usual "locked out" message that regularly assails users. Change your PW, might be a virus, blah blah.

But now I can't even click through as far as that: I just receive a white screen with FORBIDDEN in large letters, then "Forbidden" again in smaller letters.

I have tried both suggested fixes from the Community boards: changed my password and cleared my cache.

No change.

To be clear: this error is coming up when I use both Safari and Chrome. 

Luckily, I can still receive emails on my iPhone.

Can anyone advise of a solution?

Many thanks. 

27 REPLIES 27

brackensroad
Dialled in

As a follow-up: I've tried to sign into my webmail on a colleague's laptop. Again, got the FORBIDDEN message.

So that would suggest the problem is on VM's end.

Please can someone from VM reply?    

Hey brackensroad,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account at the moment, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message brackensroad, I have had to pass your email issues onto our support team to be looked into further, I will get back to you as soon as I have any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven 

I'm glad @brackensroad that my colleague was able to assist.

Once they have an update, they'll keep you informed.
There's a wealth of knowledge here and a support team that will assist as much as they can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Ilyas, but i haven’t heard from the support team and, five days on, I’m still locked out of my account. 

Hi @brackensroad, we're sorry to hear you're still experiencing the issue 😔

In order to discuss this further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the red envelope in the top right-hand corner.

Regards,
Daniel

brackensroad
Dialled in

hello VM - anyone there? Now eight days since I've been FORBIDDEN from using my webmail. What's going on? Is anyone doing anything about this?  

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi brackensroad, 

Thank you for updating the thread and apologies for any delay in getting this resolved. 

I can see you are currently speaking with my colleague over private message. 

They will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks, 

Nat