cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email a/c unlock locked!

fuego
On our wavelength

Received text re. a/c locked owing to spam activity - I know which sub a/c affected. Problem is I have followed usual procedure to unlock ie change password but when I enter the security question it says 'Please enter valid details'. I know what my answer is/always has been. After several attempts I just selected 'Forgot answer to your security question'. It then asks for my billing details as verification which I added verbatim but the reply is 'Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again.' ?????? Seriously what is going on/ I simply want to unlock my account so I can change the affected a/c password + my own + check for any dubious forwarding emails.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello fuego

Thanks for those details 

I have had a look and can see what the issue was 

I have reset the password to the email accounts 

If the email is used over Outlook then you will need to update the password

I have sent you a private message with the new password 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello fuego

Sorry to hear about this
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello fuego

Thanks for those details 

I have had a look and can see what the issue was 

I have reset the password to the email accounts 

If the email is used over Outlook then you will need to update the password

I have sent you a private message with the new password 

Gareth_L

fuego
On our wavelength

Thanks Gareth I'll take a look and let you know.

fuego
On our wavelength

Hi Gareth,

My son (Ciaran Polson) said he tried logging in without success. I Logged onto Virginmedia into mnage profiles to change it but when a click the change password nothing happens. Have I been locked out again or am I doing something wrong.

I was going to just deliberatly click forgot password to reset it, Is this ok to do?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @fuego,

Thanks for getting back to us about this issue.

You can definitely give resetting the password a go, but please ensure this is a new secure password, and not one you have previously used.

Please let us know how you're getting on and if we can help further in any way.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

fuego
On our wavelength

Hi Pauline,

I really don't understand what's going on and it's getting really frustrating. This should be standard but why it's not working I haven't a clue.

Did a basic forgot password in order to reset it - I was asked usual details the it said my security question answer is incorrect??? This is impossible I cannot be getting this wrong.

So playing Devil's advocate I went along with it and said I had 'forgotten' the answer and it asked for security questions re my VM bill to confirm. Completed these and now it says there is an error with some of the information I have given!?? Again impossible as I have the document right before me!!!

Either there's a glitch in the system or VM must have the wrong info about me. If the later don't know how on Earth this could happen. Please help - my son (Ciaran Polson) cannot access his VM email since 24/06/21 hence cannot access his Facebook account as reset info for that was sent to his VM email a/c.

Thanks

Hi @fuego,

I am very sorry to hear that you're having some ongoing issues with getting your password reset. Provided you're entering the correct information when prompted, you should have no problems with this.

Would you mind trying a different browser and/or device if possible to see if the issue remains? I'd also advise double-checking the answers you're submitting as they will be case sensitive.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

fuego
On our wavelength

Hi Zach thanks for this. It cannot be the info as the security question is impossible to be incorrect. I tried using a capital/lower case when it didn't work just in case but the same result. As for security info fof forgotten password I took the info directly from the screen (screenshot) + hard copy and entered it carefully a number of times with the same result: incorrect info entered??!

The different browser/device is a good move I haven't tried. Will do so and let you know.

fuego
On our wavelength

Hi Zach, I tried your suggestion changing browser and it worked!! Phew...thanks so much. Have a great weekend.

ps do you know why Firefox didn't work/is it a known problem?

Donald