Menu
jomohome
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email Twice

On my main account I am receiving all my emails twice to the same PC.  This happens where ever I get my emails from, PC, Phone, Tablet or Web.

This is not happening to any other emails I have.

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Twice

@jomohome wrote:

On my main account I am receiving all my emails twice to the same PC. 

This happens where ever I get my emails from, PC, Phone, Tablet or Web.

Just to clarify, when you say 'Web' do you mean that you see the duplicate emails when you sign in to your VM email (Webmail) account directly from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  as well as in the email apps that you use on your various devices?

If you see the duplicates in your VM Webmail account, the email apps on your other devices will simply reflect those duplicates.

This is not happening to any other emails I have.

Again, for clarity are you saying this duplication happens on your Virgin Media email accounts but not on any other accounts you have such as Gmail, Yahoo etc?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
jomohome
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coenoby,

Thanks for getting back to me.

When I use the link below I only see one of each email. When they arrive in my inbox on PC, phone, tablet I get two of each.

Getting double emails only happens on one Virgin email, my main one.  Other emails on Virgin are ok.  Gmail is ok.

Stay Safe

John Molden

0 Kudos
coenoby
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@jomohome wrote:

When I use the link below I only see one of each email. When they arrive in my inbox on PC, phone, tablet I get two of each.

Getting double emails only happens on one Virgin email, my main one.  Other emails on Virgin are ok.  Gmail is ok.

That means that the VM email sever is only holding a single copy of each email but for some reason all your devices are picking up 2 copies of each email. A couple of thoughts:

1) Do you  have an autoforward on your main VM email account to forward you incoming messages to another of your email addresses? You can check that by signing in via the link I gave you, then:

• Click the 'System' menu icon (3 horizontal bars) on the right side of the menu bar and then click the Settings menu item.
  • Expand the 'Email' option.
  • Select 'Auto Forward'. That will show the email address if those emails are being forwarded.

2) On the PC, phone and tablet you will be using an email app to manage your emails. Each of those apps will be using a standard protocol to pick up your emails from the VM email server. Are they using the POP3 or the IMAP protocol? You will need to check on the email account settings on each device to find that out.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos