Menu
Grogerus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email Spam

I'm getting hundreds of spam emails with Bit Coin subject and Anti-Virus Renewals plus others informing me that I have made a payment of some sort that I need to verify. These emails have one thing in common and that is the nature of the email address from which they were sent. These adresses are all totally random gobbledegook. That is random combinations of letters and numbers. Why can't these be filtered out? Surely these addresses can be tested for their authenticity as any attempt to reply results in failure.

Examples: 

Bit Coin Millionaire <atxibou@impues.atrooitrps.com>

B T C <jejectz@fuldes.gapires.com>

Bit-CO!!!n Loophole <diewmct@jehro.thigne.com>

Confirmation-Needed <ginizzaw@muneta.crantyper.com>

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Spam

Unfortunately you are not alone, this spam plague is affecting email users across all email service providers.

The frequency seems to depend on how many spammers lists your address has ended up on.

Currently my virgin media email addresses get very little spam but my msn and Hotmail addresses get a lot more.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Grogerus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. However, I'm convinced that much more can be done. You and I can look at the email addresses and see that they are spam. We are in the days of advanced AI! Also I mentioned that if you reply to these emails they bounce!
0 Kudos
Grogerus
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just had an email from LIDL with new offers. The email address was a giveway. I'm now in the habit of checking the sender's email address.

We as email users are expected to recognise spam emails and bin them. If we can do that why is it so difficult for email providers to filter them out?

Technology is moving on and email is not keeping up. Is that because email is finished?

0 Kudos