Menu
ricksta1975
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Setting up Issues

Hi All

I know there are a few threads on emails but was struggling to find a clear discussion on my issue.

I have put my email details into Thunderbird as per the instructions on the virgin site. Its a ntlworld.com email.

I have used imap settings, all the standard stuff, and my Emails look like they are retreiving. Its the sending out of emails which is a problem. I seem to get this:

Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.ntlworld.com timed out. Try again.

Am using smtp.ntlworld.com and have the port 465 on as requested but not really sure why it just times out. Any ideas welcome.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Setting up Issues

It looks as if you have followed some out of date instructions if you have entered smtp.ntlworld.com.

Look as this link for the proper settings: virgin-media-mail-how-to-use-email-with-mail-clients 

In any case if you just let thunderbird do its automatic setup it should find the correct entries automatically.  All you need to do is enter your email address including the @ntlworld.com bit and your password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Setting up Issues

Hello ricksta1975

Just a quick message to see if @Graham_A advice has helped at all?

Fingers crossed its all okay now

Gareth_L

0 Kudos