Menu
Windrush1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email Security

Would Virgin contact the user to tell them to change their password as it is too short, my father is 82 and took such a call and duly changed his password and now can’t login, is it valid or a possible scam ?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Security

There are far easier ways to force a password change than calling, so it is likely this was a scam and you should proceed on that basis unless the forum team state otherwise; I have flagged your post to he forum team however be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond. Whilst awaiting a response consider following the advice here Compromised Email Account advice. If your father used the same password elsewhere make sure to change it there also and be wary of the mailbox content once you regain access.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Windrush1,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of any confusion caused on your Father's account. We can look into this via our Private Messaging function, however I would need to advise you, without passing data protection I would not be able to advise you of any notes left on the account, or make any changes. I'd also advise that I cannot make changes to any passwords on the account with a third party.

If you can pass data protection with me then pleas drop a response below and we can take it away. if not, it may be worth getting your Father to call us directly and we can make any required changes to his account.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Windrush1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Resolved thank you, combination of my elderly father confusing various security messages from Apple with Virgin, 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Windrush1,

Great to hear it's been resolved and thanks for letting us know.

If there's anything else you need please give us a nudge.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos