Menu
Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email Password

I need to change the password for one of my virginmedia emails. I have followed the instructions which allow me to change passwords of those  on my 'added emails' list. But I cannot find a way to change my email, which is used as my virginmedia mailings email address and that which is also my default email when I go to write an email. Has anybody got any ideas please?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Password

All password changes are done in My Virginmedia, that is for your main e-mail address and secondary addresses. If you are using a e-mail program to pick up mail, like Outlook, you also need to change the password in that program to match. If you use VM's web mail system you don't need to do anything else:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-how-to-change-email-username-or-password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying.

Unfortunately, when I go to the email address, yes, I could have changed it but that is not the email address I need to change.

It is the email address that presents when I open "E-mail", with the others stacked under it that I want to change the password to. Also, the only other place I could see it in use is under "Virgin Media Mail Addresses" and "Alternate E-mail Address". It is these that are both the same email address that I want to change the password on. 

There is an ulterior motive behind this, as I want to put the e-mail on a mobile, but not knowing the password, I figured that IF I changed the password in the Virgin Media site, then I could use the new password on the mobile to install it.

0 Kudos
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not sure if it's because of legacy changes or what, but.

My "main" email also doesn't show up under the "Manage Accounts" section, but it does under the "My Profile" and allows me to change the password there.

Assuming your going to https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers and that's where your seeing the list of all accounts.  So just look at the "My Profile" tab.

The "Mail App" section of the website could use a lot of love, as it says you can manage accounts, but gives no clear "button" to click on anywhere to go and do it.  Typical.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this. I followed your suggestion and came to the same point I was at - No button to change the Mail App part - the very thing I need to do !!! Nice one VM ! 

I wish you were indeed able to make changes to the website and maybe this could be resolved.

That said, where do I go from here I wonder.

Anybody idea how to get at the "Mail App" email to change it ??????

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As has already been stated password changes are made via the My Virgin Media pages not in the vm webmail app.

If the email addresses concerned are listed as Alternate email addresses under the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Virgin Media My Profile page then they all use the same password as that of the Username email address shown in the section at the top of the page headed Username and Password.  To the right of password in this section is the word change Click on change and enter the new password in the boxes presented.

Once you have done this you can enter the new password in any third party email apps that you choose to use to access the email account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Was it not on the page https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view ?

That was the "tab" to the left of the accounts page you said you could access.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I followed your instruction to use the main password and it worked perfectly!!! Many thanks for solving this for me, as it has been driving me nuts for several days - Much appreciated!
0 Kudos
Skyhawk105
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was advised to use the main password and it worked. Thanks for taking  the time to try to assist me though - I appreciate it!

0 Kudos