cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Outage

sdundee729
Joining in

I have been having an email outage for months and i have been promised help for months.

I finally today got promised that someone would sort it out and email me and noone has responded. 

I really need help and it is affecting me acutely as I can't sent any emails!! 

Can someone please tell me how to contact a technician or have them respond to me as promised as I am at my wits end 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sdundee729 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with sending emails from your mailbox. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Can you let us know what happens when trying to send emails? What error do you get? Also, how were you in contact with our team today? What was discussed?

We want to do our best to help,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @sdundee729 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you have been having issues with sending emails from your mailbox. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Can you let us know what happens when trying to send emails? What error do you get? Also, how were you in contact with our team today? What was discussed?

We want to do our best to help,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sdundee729
Joining in

Thanks for getting back to me, I can log into my account but I cannot compose or send any emails.

I have tried to set up auto-forwarding to rectify but the system also doesn't let me.

It is really stressing me out as I have been unable to send for many many weeks now. 

I was chatting to your help team off and on over whatsapp for the last few days 

Hello sdundee729.

Thanks for the reply.

Can I please ask if you are able to send send receive emails on al alternative network.

If you use your mobile as a hot spot and see if that fixes it. 

If so then we will have a better inkling as to what the issue is and how to fix it.

Gareth_L

sdundee729
Joining in

hi

I have tried it on 3 different wifi's and i have downloaded chrome, Microsoft edge and firefox.

I think it's a problem technically with my account.

Thanks for the quick reply 

Thank you as well for getting back so fast sdundee729.

I'd like to take a look into this for you in a bit more depth.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

sdundee729
Joining in

I have been waiting many months for virgin to fix problems with my emails system.

I have been through multiple calls & email trails with support & raised two tickets.

I have been promised call backs twice but these have happened....

Anyone else in this position

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Promised callbacks often don't happen. Promises are often broken. 

If you can post full details of the problem here (but not the full email address) , someone will try to help. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sdundee729, whilst continue to wait for this issue to be resolved do consider

• using an email client, like Thunderbird or similar, instead of webmail
  • taking the opportunity to migrate away from Virgin Media Mail

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks