cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Not working for 14+ days now.

paulgee
Joining in

The email stopped working 15 days ago and support can't seem to fix it, I rely on a dependable email address.

probably easier to give you a reference number: P011957516.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulgee  The VM Forum Team staff should reply to this thread, but not before tomorrow afternoon.

The first question that they will ask is if the email address concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account.

It is not uncommon for long held email addresses to get separated from the cable account especially if house moves or changes in account holder have taken place.  Also there are some email addresses around that date back to dial up days and never got associated with a broadband account after the dial up service was withdrawn.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulgee wrote:

The email stopped working 15 days ago and support can't seem to fix it,

probably easier to give you a reference number: P011957516.

Sorry I'm not a VM staff member so I cannot check the ticket from that reference.

Perhaps if you could give a little more detail about the problem a forum member might be able to offer you some constructive advice. 

For example:

• a brief summary of the problem
  • whether you are accessing the account via the VM webmail service on their website or an email app such as Outlook
  • any error messages you are getting.

Finally you say:

"I rely on a dependable email address."

I really don't want to sound negative but in that case you really should consider switching to an email service from a dedicated email provider.  VM email is only a very basic service and VM stopped issuing new email accounts over a year ago. Clearly they no longer see the provision of a email service as key part of their business model going forward and the whole future of the VM email service is uncertain.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hi thanks for your message 🙂

I am actually targeting VM staff as advised by VM on twitter as twitter staff do have access to the ticket, but thanks for the offer.

I have tried support both telephone and website and they cannot fix it or seem so laid back it's a wonder anything get's done.

your comment about virgin emails I did not know that and would explain why they are so laid back and cannot be bothered helping their customers! I looked it up and yes any new accounts are not being created however existing ones "according to them" will continue to work? I have had my VM account for 20+ years with that specific email working, I also pay this bunch VM £200+ per month for various services.

if their email is going then so will I, already found another cable provider.

it's really screwed me up I have hundreds of accounts that require notifications not limited to paypal and credit cards, part of changing an email account on some is to actually verify it from the original email address, that means if I cannot do that then I will likely be spending the best part of a month ringing up support desks to change it over.

Thanks for nothing Virgin Media.. once upon a time you were a great service.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paulgee  The VM Forum Team staff should reply to this thread, but not before tomorrow afternoon.

The first question that they will ask is if the email address concerned is attached to your current VM broadband account.

It is not uncommon for long held email addresses to get separated from the cable account especially if house moves or changes in account holder have taken place.  Also there are some email addresses around that date back to dial up days and never got associated with a broadband account after the dial up service was withdrawn.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Yes and thanks; it is part of my broadband account and has been in this account for 10+ years same email address. 

I have six other email address in the same account.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi paulgee

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see the IT team tried to call yesterday.

I will send you a private message now so we can help further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, they called and contacted me but again was unable to resolve the issue due to a problem your end and said they would get back to me in a few hours but never did?

still no email and still waiting two weeks later...

Thanks for coming back to us paulgee, I can see that you have been in contact with my colleague via private message. I hope that they will be able to help you get your email issues resolved.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

paulgee
Joining in

Nope your colleague has gone quite, email still not working and this Friday it will be 3 weeks without email!

I also have another issue with my mobile account now, can't send texts or call anyone....

HERE:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Complaint-NUMBER-TWO/m-p/5342446#M234781

heard from your colleague yesterday who said that the ticket was updated and would receive another call, meanwhile I am 20 days without email and 3 days without a mobile phone.