Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Email Login issue

Hi, I have been unable to log into my Virgin Media account and Email for the last few days ? I enter the user name and password in the log in box but nothing happens when you enter.  The only way i have been able to log-in is by activating " In private browsing " but then i have to go through the stupid "capture" thing clicking on pictures, its so frustrating.  Im using the latest version of W10 with Google Chrome.  Please advise   

Thanks Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Login issue

Clear your browser cache and all virginmedia.com cookies. The fact that you can get in via incognito mode which bypasses cookies is significantly pointing to my advice.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cool, Thank you, that worked a treat 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well that was short lived !  after a restart im back to having to use " Incognito Browsing "  to sign in to my Virgin media account.  Any thing else i can try   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Something is corrupting the session cookie that VM mail leaves on your device and it is not clearing properly when you quit. I hope you are logging out properly when you quit a session. Otherwise it's more of the same advice. We did have a systemic issue a long time ago. No evidence it has returned.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos