Menu
Jamster
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email Locked

About a month ago I got a letter in the post that stated my email had been used to send spam and so Virgin Media has locked the email, and that to regain access I could change my password. 
I've changed my password twice and changed my security question, and my email is still locked. I even called support like the messages asks me to do and they werent able to do anything other than put in a ticket and I still haven't heard anything and my email is still locked.

The situation is even more frustrating since I called support since the operator told me to clear my cache and try again, to no avail, apart from that now a lot of my accounts on other services think this is a new device and want two factor authentication through my email, which I cannot access still. 

Hoping maybe a post here can get some proper support my way, I honestly didnt think it would be this hard to simply unlock my account, after having changed my password, security question and passed the unique secuirty code specifically for when you call support.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Locked

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread either later this evening or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email Locked

Hi @Jamster,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your email account.

In order to look into this further for you, I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team