cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email IP on Spamhaus Blacklist

Stirlington
Joining in
I had a bunch of malware on my computer, I have now dealt with this and got rid of it all and the systems running. But this has put me on a few blacklists, and the only blacklist I cannot de-list myself is Spamhaus, I get the following message. 

Spamhaus Blocklist (SBL) - Why is this IP address listed?

This IP address has been observed to be involved in at least one of the following activities; sending spam, snowshoe spamming, or hosting botnet command and controllers (C&Cs). It may also be hijacked IP space, or associated with bulletproof hosting.

As a result, this IP address is listed in the Spamhaus Blocklist (SBL)

Removal process

Due to this listing’s technical nature, Spamhaus will only accept delisting requests directly from your ISP. If you require removal from this list, please contact your ISP directly, and ask their abuse team to contact the Spamhaus SBL team.

Removal from additional blocklists

Unfortunately, we cannot remove your IP from any other blocklists until your ISP has removed it from the SBL.

So I have to get my ISP to request removal, but I cannot find how I can actually do this?!

1 REPLY 1

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Stirlington  Provided that your systems are completely clear of the malware the rogue applications should no longer be sending spam from your IP.  Spamhaus should automatically remove the SBL listing once they have seen a clean period of no spam activity.

Despite the information provided by Spamhaus VirginMedia would not be able to get the IP removed from the SBL for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks