Menu
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Email IMAP appears disabled

My @blueyonder.co.uk address password is no longer working.  I have updated it thru My Media, but it is still not being accepted.  

In Email settings for this account, the message 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them' is shown.

I think it may be related to spam mail being sent under my address, as I've been receiving a number of 'mailer-daemon' notifications.  I've run repeated scans and anti virus, etc, etc.

Any way to get back access to the account?  Or get the emails forwarded on?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email IMAP appears disabled

Has this been ongoing since your posts a couple of weeks ago, are has it just started again.

What happens if you try and access the email address directly in VM webmail using this url: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, just started in the last couple of days.  

I can't access email for my blueyonder account in Webmail.  I had to make a new address as part of the issue from a couple of weeks ago, but I have not been able to see blueyonder mails in webmail for a long time.  It was never an issue as I used Outlook or Gmail.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need to state the error message you are seeing when trying to access the address in webmail.  The will give the Forum Team a clue as to where the problem lies.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The error message is 'The entered credential or authentication information does not work or are no longer accepted by provider. Please change them.' I have updated my password and it works fine.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but that isn't what was asked for.  That message is either coming from a third party email client or from another VM webmail account to which you have added the email address concerned as an additional account.

Please sign out of all my VM Accounts including VM webmail.  Once you have done this go to https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ and sign in with the problem email address.

Report back what, if any, error message you get.

0 Kudos
Bongus
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is no problem signing in with the address, no error message.  Webmail doesn't show any messages under this email address.  I had to create a new email address to get webmail to allow me access.  

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That sounds very much like the username for the email address has been changed somewhere along the way.  There have been a few cases of this following poor support from call center staff.

You will have to wait for the Forum Team to respond to see if they can get the issue unpicked.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bongus,

Sorry to hear of the email issues. I'll be happy to assist further with this. I'll send you a PM as we'll be discussing security.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos